So I’ve been wanting to write a new blog post for a couple of months now but I’ve really been struggling to find a ‘topic’ or anything of interest to write about. When I started my blog I knew I wanted to write for myself and nobody else, but at the same time I am very conscious of what I post on social media. I’m naturally quite a private person and I have to admit that I do often find the ‘sharing’ part of it all quite difficult. Blogging is a bit out of my comfort zone because I am opening up and sharing my thoughts, but at the same time I don’t really want anyone to listen.
I sometimes feel with social media there is a pressure to be open and share things about our personal lives with people we might never normally speak about it to. I think I could quite easily never share anything about my life online again. Think how different it would be without it all? It would be like the good old days… Ha! With that being said, I do think social media has its good parts; I love photos which is probably why the only social media channel I really use is Instagram. I like to see updates shared by those I care about or feel inspired by – I enjoy following different people’s adventures through life.
As I recently reached the grand old age of 24 (lol), I thought I’d do something I normally wouldn’t do and share 24 *completely random and probably won’t add anything to your day* things about me that I haven’t shared on social media before…
- I’m told my name was inspired by both the actress Stefanie Powers and the tennis player Steffi Graf.
- One thing I am most scared of is moths, especially when they fly INTO your face?!
- I’d love to learn more about our solar system and space – I find it so interesting and it also helps me to remember how insignificant our time on Earth is (sad but true). In a way it helps me to stop stressing over something really stupid!
- I am happiest when around those who make me feel comfortable and warm inside. I love when people help you to be the best version of yourself – they are keepers 🙂
- Although I have nothing against tattoos, the thought of getting one myself terrifies me. What if the tattoo artist messes it up?! I could never get one, haha.
- My favourite band is Little Mix and I’m not sorry ’bout it 😉
- I sometimes feel let down by people who don’t do for me as I do for them. I try to remember the quote “Be a rose which gives fragrance even to those who crush it” – I think it’s really powerful and a great one to live by.
- I get quite annoyed by loud eaters… #ytho?
- I also can’t stand watching or listening to people brush their teeth. It honestly makes me feel something so horrible inside (tell me I’m not alone) haha!
- I used to be a massive worrier but as I am getting older I’m learning the hard way that it’s a complete waste of time and energy.
- I prefer savoury food to sweet… I am a bit obsessed with sausage rolls and would eat them daily if I could get away with it. Why is all good food bad for you, lol.
- Not a day goes by where I do not sing; I swear it just makes you feel better!
- My favourite season has got to be spring, closely followed by autumn. To be honest though I do love every season!
- I feel inspired by people who don’t take life too seriously.
- I also love good people. Those who support others and don’t make them feel silly if they make a mistake.
- My eye sight is getting so bad but I cannot stand the feeling of having glasses on my face and the idea of contact lenses kinda freaks me out. I’m hoping for a miracle (or eventually laser eye surgery? haha).
- I enjoy the feeling of having one sock on and one sock off.
- My favourite breakfast is a cup of tea and toast. Not too much milk in the tea and the toast has to be 2 slices with raspberry or strawberry jam and 2 slices with marmite. Yes, I’m a weirdo, I know!!
- I am a perfectionist which……. can be really annoying. Ha.
- I get really determined to complete something and hate giving up.
- I always try to see the good in people, even though sometimes it can be hard! Lol.
- I really believe that your mind is a powerful thing and when you fill it with positive thoughts your life will start to change. This is something I have really tried to do more of this year.
- I find it hard to make decisions but I am getting better!
- “People will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.” – I believe this quote to be one of the truest I have ever heard.
Well, if you made it to the end then congratulations!! You must be bored 😉 haha. Let me know if you too feel unnatural sharing things on social media. Do you think there’s anything wrong with feeling this way? Actually maybe don’t answer that one… lol!
Thanks for reading 🙂
Saturday 1st July 2017
It’s been a busy few months to say the least! We got through the pain that is moving house and we are slowly settling back into ‘normality’ (basically anything that isn’t unpacking boxes and boring life admin tasks).
They say that moving house is one of the most stressful things you can do… along with planning a wedding (ha, perfect timing!) – it certainly didn’t come without its challenges! So after a hectic few weeks we were looking forward to spending time with two of our favourite people on a lovely sunny day.
After a quick stop at Fingle Bridge we were ready to begin our walk along the trail overlooking the Fingle Gorge and River Teign.
We wandered through the gardens and had lunch at a little café near Castle Drogo – much needed before the trek back! I can’t help but feel so lucky to live in Devon… it is truly beautiful!!
This is one of those days I wish I could go back to and relive! It was definitely, as my Dad likes to call it, a ‘good to be alive’ day 🙂
S p r i n g — my favourite time of the year!
I am SO looking forward to blue skies, greenery, beautiful flowers, long walks and the feeling of warm sunshine on my face 🙂 Lighter evenings also mean the day doesn’t end as quickly, so spontaneous trips to the seaside after work become the regular thing to do – I absolutely love it! I really do believe that the sun (and weather in general) can have such an impact on your mood.
I must admit I have been feeling a little overwhelmed recently (can you ever just be ‘whelmed’?!) There are some very exciting things happening at the moment which does make me think that negative thoughts are completely silly! That can often be the worst part – failing to understand why I am feeling this way when I have so much to look forward to. I do sometimes struggle to remember that those moments will pass and emotions are only temporary. I cant help it if I’m highly strung… haha!!
We’re currently waiting for our new home to be built and I am so keen for it to be ready so we can move house! I’m very much looking forward to the design and décor part and doing lots of shopping for homeware. YASSS 🙂
I’ve also been keeping busy with wedding planning and last month it was my turn to pop the question(s)! I asked three very special ladies to be my bridesmaids and thankfully they all accepted. I will be so happy to have them by my side when I become Mrs. T… only 381 days to go!!
This year I have experienced some of the best times and the memories that surround them I will treasure for life.
When scrolling back through the moments I was lucky enough to capture on camera, I realised that even the simplistic, day-to-day life kind of days actually formed some of my most loved memories – those where I have felt the happiest and simply content.
Feeling comfortable enough to be myself, spending quality time with those who mean the most and taking each day as it comes is what I will carry with me from 2016. I have realised that not everything will go the way I want or imagine it to, but this is also not necessarily a bad thing. I learned that it is okay to be anxious, but to worry myself almost to the point of self-destruction is a waste of time and energy. I have always believed that everything turns out the way it is supposed to even when I cannot immediately see the reasoning behind it.
I’m excited to live the moments that are still to come, in the places I am supposed to be, with the people I am supposed to be with. Here’s to 2017!
6th January 2016
13th April 2016
8th May 2016
22nd May 2016
17th June 2016
30th June 2016
30th June 2016
30th June 2016
30th June 2016
7th July 2016
23rd July 2016
31st July 2016
13th August 2016
15th & 16th August 2016
19th & 20th August 2016
28th August 2016
18th September 2016
15th October 2016
5th November 2016
19th November 2016
28th November 2016
…The day I became a fiancée!
29th November 2016
…My 23rd Birthday 🙂
Over the past few years I would occasionally experience a feeling that my life was lacking something. This is without wanting to sound ungrateful, as I have everything I need and more. I just felt as if something was missing and I couldn’t quite put my finger on it. It’s a tough journey to ‘adult life’ and it can be a bit overwhelming at times. The feeling when a number of life challenges are all thrown at you at once likes to make a regular appearance!
I recently figured out that what I have been missing in my life is a creative outlet. As an adult, it is up to you to realise what it is you are good at and what it is you enjoy; whether it be a sport/hobby/art or something else. I realised that nobody is going to push you to try new things or get involved like they did when you were growing up. Once the school years have been left behind it is pretty much up to you to keep that spark of creativity within you alight. No one will force you to find something you are passionate about and keep at it.
This is where I am now. I have decided that my creative outlet is blogging as I find it is the perfect way to document my life and travel diaries, thoughts and feelings, photographs…etc. I wouldn’t say I am the most creative person in the world but I have always enjoyed writing and having my own little creative spot on the internet (throwback to the Piczo website days… circa 2006?!) – blogging is appealing to me because no one is being forced to read it, unless they wanted to.
I hope that anyone who reads my blog posts feels welcome to do so and enjoys them, but at the same time I am creating them for myself to look back on in the future, so it doesn’t really matter how many are paying attention. I think for a lot of people nowadays their happiness almost correlates with the amount of ‘likes’ they get on social media and the acceptance or approval they feel as a result.
Personally, I think it is so much more important to get to a place where, if you stripped all of that away, you feel content with just being you and living the life that makes you happy.